White Birch

Monday, August 6, 2012

Civil War Ghost?

Unexpected Visitor?


In a visit to Genesee Country Village and Museum a few weeks ago, my family and I took in a Civil War reenactment.   Alongside the infantry, cavalry and artillery reenactors were the supporting cast that makes an army tick.   Included were reenactors from the Signal Corps.  I took a photo of their campsite which was placed between two period structures that make up part of the village.

I posted the photo on the Facebook page I use to support my recent book Route 15 to Gettysburg.  An alert fan of the page noticed something eerie in the photograph.  If you look at the lower right pane in the upper sash of the window framed by the two signal flags, the face of a man in a hat can be seen.  When the photo is enlarged, the face takes on the visage of a laughing scarecrow in a hat!

See if you see the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment